Get Ready For Your Core to Combust in Just 3 Minutes!
Don't even get up! You can do this three-move, three-minute ab workout on the floor after a cardio, HIIT, or strength-training workout; on the floor while watching TV; or while doing tummy time with your little one. Or do it on your bedroom floor after your morning shower in your underwear. It's up to you!
Think a three-minute workout can't truly offer you a substantial burn? Oh, just you wait. After three minutes, your abs will be begging you to stop. But if they're not, challenge yourself by repeating this workout once more for a six-minute core-blasting session.
Directions: Set the timer for three minutes. After completing 10 reps of each exercise, you've completed one round. Keep going with no breaks, completing as many rounds as possible (AMRAP) until the three minutes are up.
10 diamond sit-ups
10 single-leg V-crunch
After the three (or six) minutes are up, roll over and do Cobra Pose to stretch your abs.
- Lie on your back and open your legs into a diamond shape (known as Butterfly Pose in yoga) with the soles of your feet pressed together and knees out wide. Extend the arms overhead.
- Curl the torso up and tap the floor in front of your feet.
- Slowly lower back to the starting position to finish off one rep.
- Complete 10 reps.
- Start lying on your back with your arms reaching toward the ceiling.
- Exhale and roll up toward sitting while lifting your left leg up. Pause at the top and reach for your toes before rolling slowly back down to the mat. Then perform on the other side. This completes two reps.
- Complete 10 reps (five per side).
- Lie on your back, and reach your arms rigidly to your side, off the floor. Lift your legs off the floor and point them so they are at about a 45-degree angle. Lift your head so your shoulders are off the floor as well.
- When you're ready to begin, lift your upper torso off the floor and bend your knees. You can lean back to make this move harder or come up more to make it easier. Slowly lower your upper body back down to the floor, straightening out your legs as you do so. Stop when your back is on the floor, but not your head, shoulders, or legs.
- Do a total of 10 reps.
After the three minutes are up, roll over and do Cobra Pose to stretch your abs.
- Lying on your belly, plant your hands underneath your shoulders and press the chest up, straightening the arms as much as you need to feel a stretch in the abs.
- Hold for 30 seconds and then release.