We Know You Love Domino's, So Here Are the Healthiest Orders
Mmmm, pizza. Not the first thing that comes to mind when you think "healthy dinner," but if the cravings are hitting you hard and you just can't stop yourself, we've got some healthier options from one of your favorite delivery joints: Domino's. Pull up your Domino's app and let the ordering begin.
Domino's does have lighter options that they suggest on their site, and part of the beauty of ordering from a place like this is that you can customize your order to fit your dietary needs and preferences. They also list their nutrition information and ingredients online, giving you further insight into exactly what you're eating.
Eating healthier starts with baby steps, and we're totally OK with a baby step that involves pizza . . . who's with us??
Chicken Wings, Plain, 4 Pieces
It's hard to go wrong with plain chicken. These wings from Domino's are calculated as a serving size of four wings, coming in at 190 calories, 13 grams of fat, 1430 milligrams of sodium, 2 grams of carbs, 1 gram of sugar, and 17 grams of protein.
Pizza, 12" Thin Crust, Light Cheese, 1 Slice
From the lighter options menu, we chose these three example pizzas, which have a good amount of fibrous, vitamin-rich vegetables (two of the options have lean protein with the grilled chicken, too!). Each of them should be ordered as thin crust with light cheese to cut down on carbs, fat, and calories. The below information is for one slice (1/8 of the pizza).
- Veggie Chicken: grilled chicken, spinach, tomatoes, and black olives — 143 calories, 6.5 grams of fat, 2 grams of sugar, 15 grams of carbohydrates, 290 milligrams of sodium, and 5.5 grams of protein.
- Veggie: spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, and black olives — 135 calories, 6.5 grams of fat, 2 grams of sugar, 14.5 grams of carbohydrates, 290 milligrams of sodium, and 4.5 grams of protein.
- Chicken, Onion, and Green Pepper: grilled chicken, onion, and green peppers — 145 calories, 6.5 grams of fat, 1.5 grams of sugar, 15.5 grams of carbohydrates, 270 milligrams of sodium, and 6.5 grams of protein.
Note: Domino's does have gluten-free crust, but the kitchen is not gluten-free, so if you're trying to cut back on gluten, awesome, but if you have celiac disease, this isn't going to be your best bet.
Perhaps not your first choice when you're craving pizza, but why not balance out those processed carbs with some natural ones, right? Pair your slice with one of the three salads on offer (nutrition info below).
- Chicken Apple Pecan Salad, 1/2 bowl — 190 calories, 4.5 grams of fat, 350 milligrams of sodium, 23 grams of carbohydrates, 14 grams of sugar, and 13 grams of protein.
- Classic Garden Salad, 1/2 bowl — 200 calories, 9 grams of fat, 220 milligrams of sodium, 17 grams of carbohydrates, 6 grams of sugar, and 8 grams of protein.
- Chicken Caesar Salad, 1/2 bowl — 210 calories, 7 grams of fat, 520 milligrams of sodium, 15 grams of carbohydrates, 3 grams of sugar, and 16 grams of protein.