You'll Never Waste Another Can of Pumpkin Again With This Hack
You just made a PSL (pumpkin spice latte) protein smoothie that used up half a cup of canned pumpkin. Awesome. What do you do with the rest of the can? Throw it in the fridge to use later, right? Which most likely means you'll forget about it, it'll go bad, and there's another partially used can of pumpkin going to waste.
Try this easy freezer hack and your leftover canned pumpkin will live on to do great things! Just scoop the leftover pumpkin into an ice cube tray and pop it in the freezer — two ice cubes equals about one-quarter cup. When you need pumpkin puree, grab the number of cubes you need and pop them in the microwave to thaw.
You'll not only save your pumpkin from sadly going bad in the fridge, but now you'll always have pumpkin on hand to inspire these healthy pumpkin recipes:
- Pumpkin protein smoothie: 1/2 cup
- Slow-cooker steel-cut oatmeal: 1 cup
- Chocolate chip pumpkin protein bars: 1 cup
- Pumpkin chia pudding: 1 cup
- Pumpkin avocado muffins: 1 cup
- Pumpkin pie avocado pudding: 1/2 cup
- Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies: 1/2 cup
- Pumpkin chocolate chip protein balls: 7 oz.
- Oatmeal pumpkin spice bread: 1 can (15 ounces)