As tempting as it may be to turn every Love Is Blind episode into a drinking game, some of us (hi, me) are sorely hangover-prone, and the plethora of bonkers moments on the Netflix show would result in quite the killer headache. Instead, I've created a workout game to help me and other LIB devotees tone up at home as the drama unfolds on screen. (Although, TBH, watching the show is a workout in and of itself because it prompts every muscle in my body to simultaneously cringe, but I digress . . . )
The rules are simple: for each of the common (and not-so-common) actions and phrases that pop up during the show, there's a corresponding equipment-free exercise move to perform. For example, every time a contestant says "I love you" for the first time, you must drop it low for 10 squats, and whenever Jessica refers to the 10-year age gap between her and Mark, you have to do a set of burpees. Fair warning: there are lots and lots of burpees in your future — don't say I didn't warn you!
Whether you're binge-watching the series for the second time or just now hopping on the bandwagon, be sure to have this fun workout game on hand as you watch every episode. Without further ado, I present our official Love Is Blind Fitness Challenge.
- Giannina says "self-sabotage": 5 push-ups
- Someone says "the pods": 10 lunges
- A couple meet each other face to face for the first time: wall sit for their entire interaction
- Jessica calls Barnett "B": 10 Russian twists (5 each side)
- Vanessa or Nick Lachey asks, "Is love really blind?": 15 mountain climbers (total)
- Someone says "emotional connection": 5 squats
- A couple say "I love you" for the first time: 30 bicycles (15 each side)
- Jessica talks in a high-pitched voice: 8 reverse lunges per leg
- Giannina and Damien get in a fight: high knees for 30 seconds
- A contestant cries, fake or not: 5 side leg raises on each leg
- Someone touches the blue wall in their pod: 5 jumping jacks
- Jessica comments on the 10-year age difference between her and Mark: 5 burpees
- Someone sits on the floor of their pod: 15 crunches
- Someone proposes: 10 sit-ups
- There's an overhead shot of the pods: 10 tuck jumps
- Someone refers to the show as an "experiment": 8 jump squats
- Nick Lachey says he's "obviously" Nick Lachey: side plank for 20 seconds
- The screen shows a countdown to the weddings: 6 side lunges
- Amber hints at her physical relationship with Barnett: 10 triceps dips
This is probably what you're thinking right about now — and you're not wrong! Best of luck to you and your muscles.