Banish Your Belly Pooch With 3 Ab-Sculpting Moves
Crop top and bikini season is nearly upon us! You can't spot reduce belly fat, but strengthening and sculpting the muscles underneath will only help you feel more confident in your skimpy styles. Add these three effective moves to your strength-training routine for big results. And you'll be glad to know there's no equipment necessary whatsoever.
- Lie on your back on the floor, raising your arms and legs to a 90-degree angle.
- Engage your abs to lift both your shoulders and pelvis off the ground. Touch your fingers to your toes.
- Keeping your core engaged the entire time, slowly lower them back to the starting position to complete one rep.
Lower Trunk Twist
- Lying on your back, extend your arms out to your side as an anchor. Bring your knees up to a 90-degree angle.
- Starting the movement from your core, rotate your knees to the left, stopping just before they touch the floor. Slowly bring legs back to center, then lower the legs rotating to the right. This completes one rep.
- Start in a tabletop position. Your hands should be directly underneath your shoulders and your ankles underneath your knees.
- On an exhale, lower your hips and straighten your legs so your hips are hovering above the floor. As you lower your hips, your heels will rest on the ground. Flex your toes up toward the ceiling in order to engage your legs.
- Hold for a complete breath, then inhale and push yourself back into first tabletop position. This counts as one rep.