Already a solid move for your core, an elbow plank is an excellent exercise for your chest, shoulders, and biceps.
- Get face down on the floor, resting on your forearms and knees.
- Push off the floor, raising up off your knees onto your toes and resting mainly on your elbows.
- Contract your abs to keep yourself up and prevent your booty from sticking up.
- Keep your back flat — don't let it droop or you'll be defeating the purpose. Picture your body as a long, straight board.
- Hold as long as you can. Aim for 20 to 30 seconds in the beginning, and as you get stronger, work your way up to one minute.
- Repeat three times.