Side Plank is a balancing act that also really works out your core and strong arms:
- After Crow Pose, jump or step back to move through a vinyasa (Four-Limbed Staff to Up Dog to Down Dog).
- Once you're in Downward Facing Dog, step both feet together so your big toes are touching.
- Move your left hand over to the right so it's at the center of your mat (still at the top of your mat). Roll over to your left side and plant your left heel down so you are balancing on the outside edge of your left foot, stacking your flexed feet.
- Reach your right arm up above you and, if you can, gaze up at your palm. Stay here for five deep breaths, trying to keep your core strong and the pose steady.
- Lower your upper hand to the mat. Repeat this pose on the other side.