After strengthening your triceps, you'll find that flowing through a vinyasa is way easier! Instead of struggling through all your Chaturangas, stronger arms will allow you to engage and connect with the ground, helping you to focus on opening up your chest for a big Upward Facing Dog:
- Position your hands shoulder width apart on a secured bench or stable chair.
- Move your booty in front of the bench with your legs bent and feet placed about hip-width distance apart on the floor.
- Straighten out your arms and keep a little bend in your elbows to keep tension on your triceps and off your elbow joints.
- Slowly bend your elbows and lower your upper body down toward the floor until your arms are at about a 90-degree angle. Be sure to keep your back close to the bench.
- Once you reach the bottom of the movement, slowly press off with your hands and push yourself straight back up to the starting position.
- Do 15 reps.