Lateral Band Walks
The added resistance in this move helps to target your glute meds.
- Place a resistance band just below your knees.
- Begin standing with feet directly underneath your hips, and squat about halfway down.
- Take a step sideways to the right as far as you can. To fully activate the muscle, be sure to step onto your heel, rather than your toes.
- Actively resist the pull of the exercise band as you bring your left leg slowly toward your right, returning to the starting position.
- Step to the right 20 to 30 times, then reverse directions, stepping to the left 20 to 30 times; you really want to feel the muscle burn. Repeat for three sets.