"Whether you're full keto or just trying to tighten up for beach season, keeping your carb intake low during happy hour is a great way to ensure the progress you made during the week is maintained through the weekend festivities," says Evan Shy, founder of ShyTown Fitness, to POPSUGAR. "With a couple quick substitutions to a classic Moscow Mule, you can make sure you're sticking to the routine even when you're taking a break from the lifestyle," he says.
Fresh Ginger Moscow Mule Ingredients
- 2 ounces Tito's vodka (gluten-free)
- 3 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons stevia
- 3 leaves basil
- 1/2 freshly squeezed lemon
- 1 freshly squeezed lime
- 1/2 cup soda water or seltzer
- Lime wedges for garnish
- In a big cup, add stevia, ginger, and basil and gently muddle for a few seconds until ingredients become fragrant.
- Add vodka and stir well until stevia has completely dissolved.
- Add lemon juice, lime juice, a few ice cubes, and stir.
- Add soda water and stir.
- Serve in copper mug garnished with lime wedges.