Add weights to Russian twists to blast your front ab muscles, transverse ab muscles, lower back, and obliques.
- Sit on the ground with your knees bent and your heels about a foot from your butt.
- Slowly recline backward until you feel your lower abs engage. It is really important, and difficult, to keep your back straight, but don't let it curve.
- Place your arms out in front of you with your hands one on top of the other. Your hands should be level with the bottom of your ribcage.
- Pull your navel to your spine and twist slowly to the right. The movement is not large and comes from the ribs rotating, not from your arms swinging. Inhale through center and rotate to the left. This completes one rep.
- Do 16 full rotations to complete a set.