Protein help keeps you feeling full while aiding in muscle building, and because your body has to work to break it down, eating this macronutrient can give your metabolism a bit of a boost. When it comes to protein, you want to keep it lean and opt for free-range, wild-caught, grass-fed, and/or organic proteins whenever possible.
- Beans: black, kidney, chickpeas, etc.
- Beef: grass-fed cuts like tri tip, sirloin
- Eggs (cage- and antibiotic-free)
- Fish: salmon, trout, cod, tuna and canned tuna, etc. (wild-caught preferred)
- Poultry: chicken and turkey (free-range/antibiotic-free)
- Shellfish: crab, shrimp, dry sea scallops
- Tempeh and tofu
Recipes to Try