Have a Sunday Date With Yourself and Your Kitchen
Having a plan and being prepared with healthy food options are essential to staying on track, Upton said. It may take a few hours on Sunday to write out your meal plan and to meal prep, but it'll save time during the week and alleviate the decisions about what to eat.
Here are some ideas:
- Prep DIY freezer smoothie packs.
- Make a week of overnight oats.
- Divvy up containers of nuts for snacks.
- Assemble high-protein mason jar salads.
- Prep protein balls for quick snacks like these coconut-covered chocolate almond protein balls.
- Cook a big batch of whole grains and freeze portions for dinner.
- Freeze a bag of soup ingredients.
- Make a treat for dessert cravings, like these no-bake vegan brownies.