Continue to aim for 10,000 steps four days this week, and 12,000 steps two days, adjusting the counts if necessary, based on your goals and fitness level. On the four days you walk fewer steps, add in the strength workout below.
Each move in this set is timed, so make it your goal to get in as many reps as possible before the clock stops. You'll want to use an ankle resistance band for a few of the moves this week. Place it above your knees. Don't forget to warm up with some dynamic stretches and cool down with some static stretches when you're finished.
- Clamshells: 30 seconds on each side, using an ankle band
- Fire hydrants: 30 seconds on each side, using an ankle band
- Glute bridge: 30 seconds
- Push-ups: 30 seconds
- Plank with alternating shoulder taps: 30 seconds
- Squats: 1 minute, with an ankle band and weights at your side
- Reverse lunge with shoulder press: 30 seconds for each leg
- Dumbbell front-arm raise to side raise: 30 seconds
- Triceps push-up: 30 seconds
- Lateral banded walks: 1 minute (take a minimum of 10 to 15 steps in each direction)
- Squat jumps: 1 minute