- For the crust:
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for pan
2 boxes (each 9 ounces) chocolate wafer cookies, finely ground (4 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
- For the ganache:
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1/2 cup heavy cream
- For the filling:
2 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 cups cold heavy cream
- Make the crust: Butter a 10-inch springform pan. Mix cookies, sugar, butter, and salt in a medium bowl. Pat mixture into prepared pan, pressing firmly into bottom and all the way up the side. Cover and refrigerate until ready to fill.
- Make the ganache: Place chocolate in a food processor. Bring cream to a simmer in a small saucepan; pour over chocolate. When chocolate begins to melt, process until smooth. Reserve two tablespoons ganache for decorating; spread the remainder evenly over the bottom and up the sides of the crust. Refrigerate until ready to fill.
- Make the filling: With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese until fluffy and smooth, about three minutes. Reduce speed to low; slowly add sugar and salt. Raise speed to medium high; beat until very fluffy, about three minutes. Beat in lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, whisk cream until medium-stiff peaks form. Whisk one quarter of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture, and then fold in remaining whipped cream. Pour filling into crust; spread evenly. Gently tap bottom of pan on counter.
- Transfer reserved ganache to a pastry bag fitted with a small round tip (such as #3). Starting in the center of the cheesecake, pipe a spiral, spacing lines about 1/2 inch apart. Pull the tip of a paring knife in a gently curved line from the center of the spiral to outer edge. Wipe knife clean; repeat every inch or so to form a web.
- Cover; freeze for at least three hours. Unmold cheesecake, and serve immediately.
- Desserts, Cheesecake
- North American
- 12-14 servings