- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package puff pastry (1 sheet)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 cups peeled, diced Granny Smith apples
1 cup chopped pecans
1 tablespoon cold butter, cut into pieces
- Thaw the pastry sheet at room temperature for 40 minutes or until it's easy to handle. Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Stir the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Add the apples, pecans, and butter and toss to coat.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 15-by-10-inch rectangle. Brush the pastry sheet with water. With the long side facing you, spoon the apple mixture on the pastry to within 2 inches of the long sides and to the edge of the short sides. Starting at a long side, roll up like a jelly roll. Cut the pastry roll into 12 (1 1/4-inch) slices. Place the slices 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden. Remove the pastries from the baking sheet and cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with the confectioners' sugar.
Makes 12 spirals.
- Appetizers, Puff Pastry
- North American