- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 1 cup grated pecorino-romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Two 8.5-ounce cans artichoke hearts, finely chopped and squeezed dry
- 10 ounces precooked shrimp, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Pita chips or bagel chips, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 7 minutes; remove from the heat.
- Stir in the cream cheese, 1/2 cup pecorino-romano, the paprika and mustard. Stir in the artichoke hearts and shrimp; season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9-by-13-inch baking dish and top with the remaining 1/2 cup pecorino-romano. Bake until warmed through, about 18 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler. Broil the dip until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve hot with the pita chips.
- Dips, Appetizers