Chances are you won't want to use the entire hard-boiled egg, so toss the rest on some toast and enjoy a snack. You deserve it.
- 2 bunches of thick asparagus
4 tablespoons red wine vinaigrette
- Hard-boil the egg. Peel and set aside.
- While the egg is boiling, steam the asparagus over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Place the asparagus on a serving dish. With a hand-held fine grater, grate the whole peeled egg over the asparagus. Grate as much of it as you like.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over asparagus and let sit at room temperature until you're ready to serve.
Serves four to six.
- Vegetables, Side Dishes
- North American