- 3 slices of bacon
1 medium shallot, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat a medium-sized skillet over moderate heat. Cook the bacon until brown and crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the shallot to the bacon fat, and cook, stirring for 2 minutes until the shallots are translucent.
- While the shallot cooks, combine the oil and vinegar in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir the oil vinegar mixture into the pan with the shallots and scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Pour the dressing into a bowl and use immediately.
Makes about 1/3 cup.
- Condiments/Sauces, Vinaigrettes
- North American