Feel free to substitute frozen, thawed raspberries for fresh.
- 1 box puff pastry cups, thawed
- 1 large egg
- 1 (8-ounce) wheel of brie
- 3 slices of bacon
- 1 cup raspberries, mashed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Beat egg in a small bowl until no streaks of yolk remain; brush the tops of each puff pastry cup with egg wash. Bake puff pastry cups for 10-12 minutes of until puffed and golden.
- Bake bacon on a sheet tray for 10-15 minutes, until it's cooked but not crispy.
- In a pot set over medium heat, cook the raspberries, sugar, and lemon juice until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Cut brie wheel into six wedges, and slice bacon into diamonds. Remove puff pastry cups from the oven, and insert a wedge of brie into each cup. Top each piece of brie with two pieces of bacon, and bake for an additional five minutes or until the brie is melted and the bacon is crispy. Serve warm with a spoonful of compote on top.
- Appetizers, Puff Pastry
- 6 servings