- 48 large shrimp (approximately 2 lbs. - with shells), shelled and deveined
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared garlic chili sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 strips bacon, quartered (in half lengthwise and then again cross), flattened with the back of a knife to prevent curling
2/3 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon prepared chili garlic sauce
1 teaspoon salt
2 green onions, finely chopped (both white and green parts)
- Combine shrimp, wine, lemon peel, 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce, and salt in nonreactive dish. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Remove shrimp and drain on paper towels; discard marinade.
- Wrap each shrimp in a piece of bacon, securing bacon by skewering shrimp with wooden toothpick (neck to tail in a half-moon).
- Preheat broiler. (Position oven rack so the food will be 3 to 4 inches from the heat.) Place shrimp in a single layer on an unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil, turning twice, until shrimp are opaque and bacon is cooked through and crisp (7 to 9 minutes total).
- For remoulade, stir together mayonnaise, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon prepared chili garlic sauce, 1 teaspoon salt, and green onions. Cover and chill until serving time.
- If desired, thread broiled shrimp onto fondue forks or 8- to 10-inch wooden skewers. Serve shrimp with sauce.
Makes 48 shrimp (12 to 16 servings).
- Seafood, Appetizers
- North American