- 8 ounces dried penne pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 links hot Italian sausage (8 oz. total), casings removed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cups chopped rinsed Swiss chard leaves (about 3 oz.)
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz.)
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring about 4 quarts water to a boil. Add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender to bite, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain.
- Pour oil into the same pan over medium-high heat. Add sausage and garlic and stir, breaking apart with spoon, until sausage is crumbled and brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add chard and stir until wilted, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes with juice, salt, pepper, and cooked pasta. Pour mixture into a 2- to 2 1/2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan cheeses over the top.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven until cheese is browned and bubbling, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Main Dishes, Pizza