- Vegetable-oil cooking spray
2 pounds russet potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
3 tablespoons olive oil
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat 2 rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray; set aside.
- Put potatoes, oil, 1 tablespoon salt, and the cayenne in a large bowl; season with pepper. Toss to combine.
- Arrange potato slices on prepared baking sheets, spacing them 1/4 inch apart. Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until potatoes are crisp and golden brown, about 30 minutes. Spread out potatoes on parchment paper; let dry 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt, if desired.
- Side Dishes, Potato
- North American