This recipe can be made with regular sweet potatoes if your grocery does not carry the purple variety. If you don't have fresh parsley on hand, the dried variety will work too.
- 2 tablespoons high-heat oil, like canola
- 1 pound purple sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch sticks
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium-size bowl, rub oil over the sweet potatoes until they are well-coated.
- In a separate bowl using a spatula, whip the egg white until soft peaks form. Dollop over the sweet potatoes, then fold into the sweet potatoes until each piece is coated.
- Divide the sweet potatoes between the baking sheets, spreading them out so none of the pieces touch each other. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, flipping halfway through the cook time, until the fries are crisp and golden brown. Season with parsley, salt, and pepper. Serve immediately.
- Side Dishes, Potato