We used canned, unsalted cooked beans in this recipe, so if you're using beans that have already been seasoned, adjust the salt level to your taste.
- 1/3 cup red-wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1 cup black-eyed peas, cooked and drained
- 1 cup chickpeas (garbanzo beans), cooked and drained
- 1 cup kidney beans, cooked and drained
- 1 cup black beans, cooked and drained
- 1 cup cannellini beans, cooked and drained
- 1 cup pinto beans, cooked and drained
- 1 large celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup peppadew peppers (sweet red peppers), finely diced
- 3/4 cup red onions, finely diced
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together red-wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, honey, olive oil, ketchup, hot sauce, and sea salt.
- Add remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl, and toss gently until well combined. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend. Toss again just before serving.
Serves 6-8 as a side dish.
- Other, Main Dishes, Beans
- North American