- 1 pound mixed berries such as blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, or figs
- Elderflower cordial, optional
- The juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 heaping tablespoon confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste or vanilla extract
- A few Scottish shortbread biscuits
- Slice any larger strawberries and figs, if using, then put all of the fruit into a large serving dish. Add a small glug of elderflower cordial, if using, and the lemon juice. Mix to coat the fruit, then pick the mint leaves off the stem, tear into large pieces and add to the fruit.
- With an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream with the confectioners' sugar and vanilla paste until soft peaks form.
- Serve the fruit with the whipped cream and shortbread cookies.
- Fruit, Desserts
- Serves 4