- 1 butternut squash, peeled and halved
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup hulled pumpkin seeds
3 heads bibb lettuce
1 head frisee lettuce
1 cup dried cranberries, soaked in 1/3 cup water for 30 minutes
1/4 cup sherry vinegar
1 shallot, finely diced
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 cup blanched, peeled golden beets, cut into quarters
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shaved
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Remove the seeds from the squash and cut into 1-inch dice. Toss the squash with the chopped garlic and 1/2 cup oil. Spread evenly on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 8 minutes. Remove and allow time to cool.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast the pumpkin seeds until lightly golden and season with salt.
- Pick and wash the leaves of the lettuce and frisee. Roughly chop.
- Puree the reconstituted cranberries and water in a food processor. Pour into a small bowl and whisk together with the vinegar, shallot, mustard and 1/4 cup oil.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the lettuce, cooled squash, pumpkin seeds, beets, parsley, and cranberry dressing. Top with shaved parmesan, salt, and pepper, and serve.
- Vegetables, Salads
- North American