- 16 large fresh blackberries, divided
- 4 small fresh thyme sprigs, divided
- 6 tablespoons 100% blue agave silver tequila
- 1/4 cup Simple Syrup
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Cointreau or other orange liqueur
- 2 cups ice cubes, divided
- 1/4 cup chilled sparkling wine
- Place 14 blackberries and 2 thyme sprigs in medium bowl. Press firmly on solids with muddler or back of wooden spoon until mashed.
- Mix in tequila, simple syrup, lime juice, and Cointreau, then 1 cup ice. Stir to blend well. Strain into large glass measuring cup. Mix in sparkling wine.
- Divide remaining ice between 2 tall glasses. Pour Margarita mixture over. Garnish each with 1 blackberry and 1 thyme sprig.
- Drinks, Cocktails