To boost the floral flavor profile, use wild honey and Meyer lemon in place of conventional lemons.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3/4 cup (5 ounces) fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Melt the butter in the microwave or on the stovetop in a small saucepan. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt, honey, eggs, butter, and lemon extract. Slowly whisk in the flour mixture until all of the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill the muffin tin with batter until two-thirds full. Bake in the oven for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick test comes out clean. Transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool.
Makes 12 muffins.
- Breads, Breakfast/Brunch