After watching chef Bobby Flay make a scrumptious-sounding egg salad sandwich, I ran out and purchased the ingredients. I'm glad I did because it's a deliciously filling sandwich! I couldn't help but be comforted by its classic simplicity. However, no Flay recipe is complete without a fiery twist, and this salad gets its kick from smoked Spanish paprika. Since Easter is time when everyone has extra hard boiled eggs lying around, get the recipe and
- 2/3 cup light mayonnaise (recommended: Hellmann’s® or Best Foods®)
- 2 tablespoons dijonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 heaping tablespoon smoked Spanish paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 green onions (pale green part), thinly sliced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 8 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 slices whole grain or whole wheat bread
- ½ small onion, thinly sliced
- Parsley leaves, for garnish* (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, dijonnaise, white wine vinegar, and paprika.
- Add the green onion, parsley, celery and eggs to the mayonnaise mixture and gently fold to combine; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush the bread on both sides with some of the oil and grill on a grill or grill pan until lightly golden brown or place on a baking sheet and place under the broiler for 45 seconds per side.
- Divide the egg salad among the 8 slices of bread, top with slices of onion and a few parsley leaves.
*I garnished my sandwich with butter lettuce instead of parsley.
- Main Dishes, Sandwiches
- North American