- 1 medium sized butternut squash
½ teaspoon ground sage
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cumin
2 cups chicken stock
Extra virgin olive oil
Fresh ground black pepper
Special equipment: shot glasses for serving
- Preheat Oven to 350 F
- Cut butternut squash into quarters lengthwise. Scoop out seeds with spoon.
- Brush/cover squash with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper.
- Place squash on parchment paper lined sheet pan and roast in oven for 45 – 1 hour until fork tender.
- Scoop out roasted squash flesh into blender.
- Add sage, nutmeg, garlic powder, cumin and 1 tablespoon of kosher salt and some freshly cracked black pepper. Pour in heated chicken stock until it almost covers the squash.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Adjust seasonings and pour into shoot glasses.
Makes 20 1 oz shooters.
- Vegetables, Appetizers
- North American