- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped (about 1 cup)
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chewy caramel candies (20 candies), unwrapped
1 teaspoon milk
1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan and line with a 14-inch-long sheet of parchment paper, allowing the ends to hang over 2 sides of the pan.
- In a medium glass bowl, combine the chocolate, butter and 3 tablespoons water. Microwave at medium power for 2 1/2 minutes, then whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in the sugar, then the eggs one at a time. Whisk in the flour, cocoa and salt until smooth.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and spread to the edges with a spatula. Bake until cracked on top, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a small glass bowl, combine the caramels and milk. Microwave at medium power for 2 minutes, then stir until smooth. Spread the caramel evenly on top of the brownie layer. Top with the coconut, patting lightly.
Makes 16 brownies.
- Desserts, Brownies
- North American