- 8 russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
1/2 stick salted butter, cubed, plus more for baking dish
1/2 cup milk or cream
2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large pot, boil potatoes until tender when pierced with a fork. Strain and place into a large bowl for mashing.
- Add butter, milk or cream, and salt. Mash by hand or with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Butter a baking or casserole dish. Spoon mashed potatoes into baking dish and smooth the surface with a spoon or spatula.
- Evenly sprinkle cheddar and parmesan cheeses over the surface, then breadcrumbs. Drizzle olive oil over the topping.
- Bake in oven until topping is brown and bubbly.
- Side Dishes
- North American