- 1 pound halved and pitted fresh sweet cherries (4 cups)
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine cherries, sugar, fresh rosemary, and 1 tablespoon water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until cherries are nice and tender and liquid is slightly thickened, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vinegar; season lightly with salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature until cool. Serve or store.
Makes 1 cup.
- Condiments/Sauces, Jellies/Jams
- North American