- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted cashews
- 1 small head Boston or Bibb lettuce, leaves separated
- Combine the soy sauce and honey in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium and stir in the garlic and ginger. Add the scallions and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the water chestnuts and half the soy sauce mixture and continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle with the cashews.
- Divide the lettuce leaves among individual plates and spoon the chicken over the top. Serve with the remaining soy sauce mixture for drizzling.
- Poultry, Main Dishes
- Other Asian