- 1 (1 pound) seedless cucumber
1/2 cup whole flat-leaf parsley leaves
1 to 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/3 cup raisins
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
1/2 cup couscous
- Make salad: Quarter cucumber lengthwise; slice quarters 3/4 inch thick diagonally. In a medium bowl, combine cucumber, parsley, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Set aside.
- Make couscous: In a small saucepan, combine chickpeas, raisins, 1 teaspoon oil, 1 cup water, 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in couscous, and cover pot; remove from heat. Set aside (at least 5 minutes) while cooking chicken. Fluff couscous gently with a fork before serving.
- Make chicken: In a medium bowl, combine ginger, coriander, 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Cook chicken in two batches: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high; add half the chicken, and cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate; add remaining tablespoon oil to skillet, and repeat with remaining chicken. Serve with cucumber salad and couscous.
- Poultry, Main Dishes
- North American