- 6 ounces goat cheese, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons dried mint, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme, divided
4 small bone-in chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cups red and green grapes, halved
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2-4 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix goat cheese and 1/2 teaspoon each of the mint and the thyme in small bowl until well blended. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Carefully loosen the skin from the chicken breast with your fingers, creating a pocket. Place goat cheese stuffing evenly under the skin into the pocket, taking care not to rip the skin. Season chicken with sea salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large oven proof skillet on medium heat. Add chicken, skin-side down; cook 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown. Do not turn chicken.
- Transfer skillet to oven. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, toss grapes, onion, vinegar, and remaining teaspoon each of mint and thyme in medium bowl. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm. Drain oil from skillet. Add grape mixture; cook until heated through.
- To serve, place a chicken breast on each plate. Spoon grape mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve with polenta, if desired.
- Poultry, Main Dishes
- North American