- 1/2 pound angel hair pasta
3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1/4 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
1 medium onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
4 to 5 mushroom caps, thinly sliced
1/2 cup carrots, thinly sliced
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup sugar snap pea pods, halved
1 (15-ounce) can Chinese baby corn, drained and cut in thirds, optional
1 to 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-size strips
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions until just tender. Drain out the water. Rinse the noodles with cold water, drain them well, and then set them aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the hoisin sauce, chicken broth, soy sauce, sesame oil, and cornstarch. Then set the sauce aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil in a large wok or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir-fry the ginger for 30 seconds. Then add the onion and stir-fry for 5 to 7 minutes, or until charred and caramelized. Add the mushrooms and carrots and stir-fry 2 minutes more. Finally, add the broccoli, pea pods, and corn. Stir-fry the vegetables for 2 more minutes, or until tender, then transfer them to a plate.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the pan. Add chicken and stir-fry it until it's no longer pink, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cooked noodles, vegetables, and sauce to the pan. Turn the heat down to medium. Using two spatulas or wooden spoons, lightly toss the mixture until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Poultry, Main Dishes
- Serves 6-8
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Anna Monette Roberts