If you've never made quesadillas on the grill, I highly recommend you do so this evening. When charred over an open fire, the tortillas get a nice smoky flavor and delightful crispy texture.
Take some help from the store by using a rotisserie chicken and pre-washed spinach.
The ingredient list calls for Monterey Jack cheese, but one could spice things up and substitute pepper Jack. For the recipe — these quesadillas are also a scrumptious 4th of July starter! —
- 1 2- to 2 1/2-pound rotisserie chicken, meat shredded
- 4 cups baby spinach (about 3 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack (6 ounces)
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup store-bought fresh salsa
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Heat grill to medium. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, spinach, and cheese.
- Dividing evenly, place the mixture on one half of each tortilla. Fold the other half over to cover.
- Grill the quesadillas until the cheese has melted and the tortillas are crisp, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve with the avocado, salsa, and sour cream.
- Cheese, Main Dishes