For a complete chip and dip experience, serve guacamole with tortilla chips that have been tossed with lime juice and a sprinkling of salt, a signature at Chipotle Mexican Grill.
- 6 large ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup citrus (lemon and lime) juice
- 3 cups fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups red onion, finely chopped
- 12 large serrano chiles, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Using a fork, mash avocados with citrus juice in small bowl.
- Add cilantro, chopped onion, serrano chilies, and salt. Stir to combine. Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.
Makes six to 10 servings.
- Dips, Appetizers