- 1 cup 1-inch pieces fresh chives
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons crumbled soft fresh goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 20 3/4-inch-thick diagonal slices French-bread baguette
- 6 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- Additional chopped fresh chives
- Puree 1 cup chives and oil in blender 2 minutes. Pour into fine sieve set over medium bowl. Let drain 1 hour (do not press on solids). Discard solids.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix goat cheese and shallot in small bowl; season to taste with pepper.
- Place bread slices on large baking sheet. Brush both sides of bread lightly with chive oil. Spread each slice with 1 1/2 teaspoons cheese mixture.
- Bake bread until light golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer to platter. Drape 1 salmon slice over each. Sprinkle with additional chopped chives.
- Appetizers, Crostini