A good, thick layer of ganache can transform anything. Smooth and creamy, it's good on ice cream, on cake, or even as a filling for a homemade Cronut.
- 1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 tablespoon cocoa
3 egg yolks
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 heavy cream
4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- Place the water, cocoa, and vanilla in a small mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth then add the chopped dark chocolate.
- In another small bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar until they are smooth and light in color.
- Add the cream to a small saucepan and bring the cream to an almost boil and then slowly stream half into the eggs while whisking, tempering the yolks.
- Pour the warm egg mixture back into the sauce pan and whisk over medium-low heat until the base starts to thicken, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour over the bowl of chocolate and stir, melting the chocolate into the sauce. If the ganache still has chunks of chocolate, return to the saucepan and stir over low heat until it's incorporated.
- Desserts, Fillings
- North American
- 2 cups ganache
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Sarah Lipoff