Chocolate ice cream is my absolute favorite — especially with a sprinkling of salt, which heightens the rich flavor. Replace that with salty pistachios, and the scoop just gets even better. Made with cashew milk, this lush ice cream has a smooth texture that is dreamy good.
- 3 cups Silk Cashewmilk
3/4 cup sugar, divided
5 egg yolks
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chopped pistachios
- Place the base of your ice cream maker in the freezer.
- To make the ice cream, heat the Silk Cashewmilk and half the sugar until it almost boils.
- While it's heating, whip the egg yolks with the other half of the sugar until it's light and creamy. Then add the cocoa and stir to incorporate.
- To temper the eggs, ladle a scoop of the hot cashew milk into the eggs, whisking to disperse. Now add another ladle and whisk again. Slowly add the egg mixture to the rest of the hot milk and stir with a wooden spoon for a few minutes, or until the mixture slightly thickens.
- Remove from heat and pour into a bowl, stirring in the vanilla. Cool the mixture overnight.
- Pour the ice cream base in your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's directions for freezing the ice cream.
- Remove from the ice cream container and place in a freezer-safe container. Stir in the chopped pistachios and freeze until set.
- Desserts, Ice cream
- North American
- 4 cups ice cream
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds