Cold weather calls for extraspecial cocktails, and nothing hits the spot quite like a toasty rum drink. No, we're not talking about hot buttered rum but rather a rum-spiked riff on spiced hot chocolate, the cocoa loco. Take your favorite mug off the shelf, and watch John Guilarte, a Flor de Caña rum expert, show us how it's done.
- 2 ounces Flor de Caña 7-year-old rum
- 1/2 ounce Godiva Milk Chocolate Liqueur
- Thin slice of habañero chili, optional
- Dash of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 ounces milk
- Whipped cream
- Grated pistachio, for garnish
- Add the rum, chocolate liqueur, milk, habañero chili (if using), cinnamon, and sugar to a small pot. Simmer on medium-low heat until hot.
- Pour into a glass or mug, and garnish with whipped cream and grated pistachios.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- 1 cocktail