For entertaining, I'm a huge fan of dips. They can be assembled before the event, easily feed a crowd, and are always popular. Take artichoke dip, for example; even though I've had it a million times, I never get sick of it!
While there are many variations, this simple recipe is what I use when I want a comforting and traditional dip. Marinated artichoke hearts, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, and jalapenos are a few of the ingredients that go into this scrumptious dip.
To make it, all you have to do is dump the components into a bowl, stir to combine, and bake. The recipe calls for pita chips, but I've served it with crostini, carrot sticks, tortilla chips, and crackers — it basically goes with everything! For the recipe,
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 6-ounce jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeño chili
- 6 6-inch pita rounds, each cut into 6 triangles
- Olive oil
- Using electric mixer, beat first 8 ingredients in large bowl to blend.
- Fold in artichokes, mozzarella cheese, green onions and jalapeño. Transfer to 11x7x2-inch glass baking dish. Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place pita triangles in single layer on baking sheet.
- Brush with oil. Sprinkle with salt. Bake until crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Maintain oven temperature.
- Bake dip until bubbling and brown on top, about 20 minutes. Serve hot dip with pita chips.
- Dips, Appetizers
- North American