- 1 heart of romaine, torn into bite-size pieces
3 cups packed baby spinach
4 bacon slices, chopped
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
6 chicken tenders (about 1/2 pound)
2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 teaspoon grainy mustard
2 hard-boiled eggs, halved
1 small tomato, cut into wedges
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (3 ounces)
- Toss together romaine and spinach in a large bowl.
- Cook bacon, stirring occasionally, in a heavy medium skillet over medium heat until crisp. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- Discard all but about 2 tablespoons bacon fat and add oil to skillet. Pat chicken dry and season with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Increase heat to medium-high and cook chicken, turning over once, until golden brown and just cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes total. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add vinegars and mustard to skillet. Boil, scraping up brown bits, 30 seconds. Stir in any juices from chicken.
- Toss salad greens with bacon vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper. Top salad with chicken, eggs, tomato, sliced avocado, blue cheese, and bacon.
- Salads, Main Dishes
- North American