Your coffee maker can do a lot more than brew up a cup of joe — it can also be used to make . . . pickles?! Yes, you read that right! You can make your own crisp and crunchy pickles in just a few hours using this simple recipe. Here's to turning your coffee maker into a multiuse tool.
TIP: To remove the coffee flavor from your maker, run water mixed with 2 tablespoons of vinegar through your coffee maker to clean.
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 Persian cucumbers, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, julienned
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 6 sprigs fresh dill
- Fill coffee maker with 3 cups of water.
- Add vinegar, sugar, mustard seeds, coriander seed, red chili flakes, and salt to the coffee pot. Give it a stir and then place onto the coffee maker. Turn the coffee maker on and let brew.
- Once brewed, turn the pot off and give the brine a mix. Add vegetables and dill and then place the coffee pot in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Remove the pickles and enjoy or save in an air-tight container in your refrigerator.
- 8 to 10 servings
- Cook Time
- 2 hours 30 minutes