When FabSugar and I came up with the idea to host a Bedazzling party, I knew the menu would have to include dishes that sparkle with flaky chunks of fleur de sel. Since the party is on a Sunday afternoon, the menu consists of three light, simple nibbles. While waiting their turn to use the Bedazzler, guests can enjoy salt-roasted shrimp with scampi dip. Crisp mushroom and blue cheese crackers glisten with tiny salt crystals. Fab requested a dish with roasted beets, with their rhinestone-like vibrant color, so I'll serve them on crostini with fresh burrata cheese. If these dishes sound enticing, wait till you look at the recipes! Do so and
- 1 4-pound box rock salt
- 16 uncooked unpeeled large shrimp
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, chilled, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Spread salt in 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Arrange shrimp in single layer atop salt.
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Boil wine, lemon juice, and garlic in saucepan over medium-high heat until liquid is reduced to 1 tablespoon, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add a few pieces of butter; whisk until creamy. Return pan to low heat. Add a few more pieces of butter; whisk until smooth (do not let mixture boil). Continue whisking in butter, a few pieces at a time. Stir in parsley; season with salt and pepper.
- Let stand while shrimp cook.
- Roast shrimp on salt until just opaque in center and shells are pink, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer sauce to bowl; nestle in salt.
- Seafood, Appetizers