Come Party With Me: Book Party - Invites
In honor of this month being Summer Reading month here on YumSugar, I'm planning a book party! Planning an event with your favorite book as the theme, allows you to get super creative. My party is based around the classic Jane Austen novel, Pride & Prejudice. However, take the basic ideas and suit them to your favorite book - a meeting with friends that follows Oprah's book club, a child's birthday party based around the Madeline books, or even a Harry Potter party to discuss the final book in the series.
A party that promotes reading is good for the soul and the mind, so let's get started by making the invitation! To see how I made the aged Pride & Prejudice invite,
To make an invitation similar to the one shown here, you will need:
- computer and printer
- old time image
- cold coffee
- a large sheet pan (or container of some sort)
- cream cardstock
- Start by dragging the image into a new Word document. Add the text and information of the party next to the image. Enclose with a border that matches your picture. Use a font that matches your book. For the Pride & Prejudice theme, I used Snell Roundhand Black size 12 to write
Miss PartySugar invites you to join her for a discussion of Jane Austen’s classic love story, Pride & Prejudice
Saturday August 18th
Please bring a copy of the book & rsvp to PartySugar 415.555.5555
- Print out a test copy of the invite and check for spelling and grammatical errors. Once satisfied with the invite, print out on the cream cardstock.
- Pour the cold coffee into a baking pan and submerge the cardstock in the coffee. Leave for at least 30 minutes or longer. For a darker aged color, let it soak overnight.
- Remove the invite from the coffee and set aside to dry in the sun near an open window.
- Once the invitation has completely dried, carefully tear off the sides shaping it down to size.
- Roll up into a scroll and tie with a pretty ribbon. Hand deliver to guests, place in mailboxes, or mail in small boxes.
What book would you base your book party on?? Tell me below!