To save money on drinks at Thanksgiving, ask guests to bring a bottle of red or white wine. Head to Trader Joe's, they have a wonderful assortment of affordable wines, and purchase a couple of bottles to add to the collection. Instead of offering bottled water, fill pitchers with ice and tap water.
Make one signature cocktail and have a pitcher ready to pour the moment the party starts. This recipe for a cranberry champagne cocktail is festive. Instead of using champagne, substitute a sparkling Spanish cava. Beverages and More has one on sale for $7.00. Grand Marnier, the French orange liqueur, can be pricey, so replace it with Triple Sec. To look at the cocktail recipe, read more.
- 1/4 cup Cointreau or Grand Marnier or Triple Sec
- 1 1/4 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons superfine granulated sugar
- 4 cups chilled champagne or other sparkling wine
- Stir together Cointreau, juices, and sugar and chill, covered, 2 to 6 hours.
- Just before serving, divide among 10 champagne flutes and top off with champagne.
Makes 10 drinks.
- Drinks, Cocktails